Affordable performance refresh by accelerating hard drive responsiveness
July 17th, 2017, Taipei, Taiwan – BIOSTAR releases a new BIOS for performance refresh for the entire line of Intel® Optane™ memory-ready BIOSTAR RACING 200 series motherboards. A quick update of the BIOS will refresh your PC by reducing boot and load times, thanks to the Intel® Optane™ technology for faster caching and storage. Now you get quicker response times without sacrificing the storage space of your SATA hard drives. Start your PC and/or load your game and applications faster than ever!
Considering the price-performance benefits of starting with a 16GB Optane memory for roughly around $40, this is a very affordable upgrade. Essentially, you are able to enhance your hard drive to perform at the speed of an SSD. While SSDs normally have smaller storage capacities than hard drives, now you are able to enjoy the best of both worlds.
With the update, your BIOSTAR RACING 200 series motherboards, 7th Gen Intel® Core™ processor and Intel® Optane™ memory will have you getting to the much-improved response times out of your existing hard drive. This is made possible by storing the most frequently used data and programs closer to the processor, which allows the system to access this information more quickly and improve system responsiveness.
How to Update the New BIOS for Intel® Optane™ Memory Support
It is easy to update AMI BIOS of BIOSTAR motherboard to take the advantage of Intel® Optane™ memory technology. Follow these steps:
- Download the BIOS file from http://www.biostar.com.tw/
- Copy the BIOS file onto a USB storage device (not NTFS format)
- Power on the motherboard and press ‘F12’ during POST (power-on self-test) screen.
- After POST screen, a menu for BIOS update will appear.
- Select USB device and press ‘Enter’, it will go into the BIOS update screen.
- Use the BIOS file listed on the left to update.
- Wait for the system to load the BIOS file.
- Press ‘Y’ to flash the BIOS and erase DMI data. The system will update the BIOS automatically.
- After reboot, the system will run with new BIOS. Turn-off the computer and install Optane Memory on the M.2 slot to enjoy the performance upgrade.
|BIOSTAR RACING 200 Series Motherboards Support List for Intel Optane Memory|
|Model Name||BIOS Update||Download Link|
|RACING Z270GT9||F12||RACING Z270GT9 BIOS download|
|RACING Z270GT8||F12||RACING Z270GT8 BIOS download|
|RACING Z270GT6||F12||RACING Z270GT6 BIOS download|
|RACING Z270GT4||F12||RACING Z270GT4 BIOS download|
|RACING Z270GTN||F12||RACING Z270GTN BIOS download|
|RACING B250GT5||F12||RACING B250GT5 BIOS download|
|RACING B250GT3||F12||RACING B250GT3 BIOS download|
Visit the new BIOSTAR website at http://www.biostar.com.tw
BIOSTAR is a brand dedicated to the production of motherboards, graphics cards, industrial computing systems, IOT, and healthcare solution. Since its establishment in 1986, the BIOSTAR GROUP has become a major motherboard supplier to the IT industry as well as in IOT, Internet Of Things. In order to pursue the best quality and aesthetic design, BIOSTAR has invested heavily in ID design, equipment, global marketing research as well as R & D. With a constant emphasis on quality, BIOSTAR always seeks to beyond better and race to the future.